Sunday 18 August 2013

Bra Review: F&F Harmony Lace Fuller Bust Bra in Pink, 32G (32FF)

F&F Harmony Lace Fuller Bust Bra in Pink, available in sizes 32DD - 40G (40FF UK sizing) with no gaps. 
You may remember that I was intrigued by my local Tesco's bra selection. I know from previous experience is that extended sizes get put on the market here in Ireland, then vanish. Why? Because no one fits into them when you encourage your potential customers to wear a band 4 inches too big and a cup about 4 sizes too small... Just like all the poor 28 bands that are no longer in Marks and Spencer's. 





What was I saying... OMG I actually managed to grab one! FIVE EURO! I'm still pretty confused and pissed about their measuring advice, but I'm just going to block it out and go for a sister size of my own. I usually wear about 28GG, I decided to have a look at their 32FF. It's labelled 32G, as they skip FF.

So the bra:

I really like this bra, so I'll have to ignore Tesco's *sigh* utter crap. I have to review this. The bra blogosphere needs me. Tescos / Florence and Fred bras are really under-reviewed. There's about 3 on Bratabase.
Review

Looks: Wow, maybe it's just be but this bra is stunning. Lovely vivid pink with simple lace pattern. Maybe some people might think the fabric looks flimsy though. I think it looks just light. The lacy cups would be visible under tight fitting clothes. I usually wouldn't point this out, but the back band is this lovely shiny silky fabric and it looks like it wouldn't cling or dig in. It seems like an odd aesthetic choice to have this great feature on the back but with the lacy cups on the front.





Feel: This bra feels stretchy - I correctly guessed that the cups are Nylon. It's not really a soft to touch bra, but I love the silky feel of the back mesh.

Shape: Very round, very forgiving stretchy cups. I couldn't tighten the bra as much as I would have liked but I liked the shape very much. 

Other Features:




This bra has a side support panel which is made of nylon. The back has 3 hooks.

Straps: I feel they are kind of thin - 0.5 inches. They are half adjustable, but it would not be hard to take apart and lengthen as the second half of the strap is the same as the front half.



Fit:
Very wide central gore, which did not tack (I wonder if it would if it was taken in?). I think it could be taken in very easily.

The cups were too wide for me (but not particularly wide overall in my opinion).

I think I should try the 32F rather than altering this bra because the cups are very stretchy and thus I think I could get away with a size smaller.

Overall:
If you're in the size range of this bra, check it out! The stretchiness is very forgiving for asymmetry. It's only available online in a 40F though. Don't take the last 32F in my local Tescos!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment