Sunday 18 August 2013

Bra Review: Gorgeous at Debenhams Provence Lace Bra in 30G

 

I couldn't actually find a stock photo of this bra. I know it is in their DD-K range of bras. If you want to see stock photos of something similar go right ahead.
 
The label actually lies because this bra was actually 7.88! Yeah, 75% percent off!

The one day I go up to visit Dublin (I suppose I had to make an effort to see my boyfriend), Debenhams was having a Blue Cross Sale. I'm not really one for falling for the gullible thing that just because something is on a sale that it is a bargain. However, Debenhams had finally got their act together and had moved all their discount bras to one section and that extra 20% off rocked! Even in Arnotts the bras were on sale! This is like my heaven.

So I tried on all the 30Gs. I have come to the conclusion that in the Gorgeous range I am a 32G / 30GG, because the 30Gs are really small. I am noting 32G because I have found their 30GGs just way too wide wired, but the 32Gs okay, but too loose to truly test. When I get a Rixie Clip, I will report back. Remember I have one breast larger than the other, so that's a pretty annoying factor in my purchases (nothing bloody fits both sides aragh argh).

Review:


Looks: 
Overall, I have to call this bra a "meh bra". I like the lace's unusual pattern.


I really like the geometric theme.  Sadly, overall, I think it looks a too much like an old lady would wear it. 

Feel: 
This bra doesn't feel particularly soft or particularly rough.

Shape: 
Horrid. Round at the bottom, then more naturally pointy at the top. A combination that just doesn't work. It reminds me of what Hater at Bras I hate calls the Curvy Kate "upside down 7".

Other Features:
In-built side-support panel which made the bottom half the bra have a nice shape.

Straps: 
Too far apart, even after I shortened the bra. I wanted to tighten them so the bra could actually lift but it was simply impossible as it would just make the bra cut into my armpits. They are fully adjustable.

Fit:
What kind of bra is this? I really am asking. Is it an balconette or full-cup bra. The wide strap placement and the half-cup design would make me think it was a balconette. On the other hand, the odd fact if I could tighten the straps enough, it would look like a full-cup, with a round shape. 

Central gore lightly tacks. The wires were too wide. I had orange in a glass.

Overall:
Just meh. Not suitable for full on top, because of the strange difference in shape from the top and bottom halves. I bent the wires so it's less painful. As usual, I spill slightly out of one side. I'm keep this bra too wear under many layers of clothes to hide the horrible shape. I need to size up, but then the wires and straps would just be too painful. I don't think this bra would give a very good shape, perhaps it might on those who are full on bottom.

Even post alterations (tightening band and bending wires to fit my body), little difference was made in shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment