Sunday 10 March 2013

Everybody! Rock those bodies/bodysuits



I took the time to write this post because I have seen no love, only confusion at what I consider a ultra-sexy, ultra-convent item of clothing.
This amazing bodysuit is from UglyDucklingGalAngel and it's screaming: "I'm hot in both senses of the word"

I wore a body every day (bar heatwaves) for about 3 years. For the uninitiated, a bodysuit, or a body is a one piece form-fitting garment that covers the torso and the crotch.
Yet my friends always have dubbed bodies are strange, uncomfortable, prone to popping open and dated. I'm trying to work this towards my own experience of being full-bust (and a full fan!) to a pro-body article that questions these concerns and of course, features some underwire bodies.
They were sadly de facto binders, yet they are so cosy and practical for the Irish winter (read: every day bar a day or two in June every second year). However, my love has been resparked since reading this inspirational post by Lamb from Lambs and Lace: http://oflambsandlace.blogspot.ie/2012/12/bodysuits.html.

Firstly, I'd like to detail what a good body should offer.  Since I've stopped wearing mine, I find the 'tucking vest into leggings/tights' situation utterly impractical and nightmarish. How is fixing three poppers each time one goes to the toilet? Try retucking a vest the whole way around. A slip is also warm (also something I will feature), but is only wearable with a dress or skirt.

Poppers are essential for a body. If you buy one without any, sew some in. You cannot pull it enough to the side and you will not be arsed getting undressed. You will not save time and you will not save money you will probably strangle the nearest investigator of your situation with your stockings.
I believe the reason people loathe bodies is because of some weird going to toilet problem. If they do have poppers, then (as if always the case) I've heard complaints that they're likely to pop off! Now I'm a person where tight fitting clothes are in a constant fight with my body. My stomach and breasts are -believe me- fighting nobly... in unison against bodies. And mine have lasted the whole day without popping open most of secondary school. Overall, a body should have strong poppers. I think plastic poppers are generally worse than metal (from my own experience).

Another question about bodies is the fact they seem like they cling to bellies and look odd with trousers cutting them off. There are two solutions A second layer over it allows warmth (and keeps it on the qt if you think it's dated or clingy). I prefer the combo of a long-sleeved black body with leggings so I look like a ninja. Alternatively, if the second layer is semi- sheer, a body's pattern will be visible. It won't ride up and expose your lower back. It will always be the correct length (provided it is stretchy).

The second solution is to wear a skirt which looks more ballerina-cute than awkwardly 1980s (if you’re not a fan of the 1980s, and I will be honest, I love the 1970s so much more… perhaps I’ll write on flares too). This look also works with high waisted shorts and unlike a vest, will give you no bulk.

I’ve noticed some brilliant full-bust wired options (because I admit, normal bodies can be unflattering on that figure type). I am quite the teaser... showing you these bodies then you have to wait a whole season! Both the Freya and the All Done numbers are not available until next season.


All Undone Body, in a coffee colour with a clear stripe running vertically done it
All Undone Body. Their size range is 28-34 DD-GG. I hope this body is available in all those sizes... because I love it! I can't wait to get one!

Freya Oh-la-la Body. It is made of a sheer fabric with panels
The Freya Oh-La-La body. It is available in 30-36 D-G, small size range but wow!

Another option that actually exists is the Osaka body. Wow! Becky Mount reviews it here (and I think the colour really suits her blonde hair). I love the white panels. I thought that white panel would give the illusion of extra pounds but it actually looks super bright and lovely.

A cherry blossom patterned body, in light blue and pink.
Available from 30-34 B-G, or as I call it... maybe I can take in a 30G? This is how to do flower print and keep it fresh. From Gok Wan at Simply Yours.

Black Velvet bodysuit with a polo neck
This body is one of a kind, so measurements are through the link. It's from Cresent Moon Vintage.

Finally, I am just going to show this because it's velvet and shows the beautiful shorts/body combo. Warm, sexy, old-fashioned (but not dated) and will stay tucked in. If only it had underwire, eh? :)

Yours,
Street

No comments:

Post a Comment